The TCA continues to work in partnership with CurlON and Curling Canada as conversations continue about the safe return to curling this fall season. We are meeting every other week with TCA curling club managers to continue work towards a safe return to curling.
We will continue to share updates on this page as more information becomes available. New information since the previous update will be bolded. Information that is obsolete will be removed.
Last updated: Sept. 15, 2020 at 10 a.m.
- CurlON will be dropping off in-ice and off-ice signage for facilities, as well as a laptop/tablet to use for contact tracing. Please be in contact with CurlON regarding your facility’s start date in order for the materials to be delivered on time.
- CurlON’s contact tracing app will be available shortly.
Last updated: Sept. 9, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
- CurlON has a member club survey to gather information that will be used to help guide CurlON in the delivery of their signage program and contact tracing app for curling facilities. We encourage all curling facilities to fill out the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CurlON
- Return to work protocols for ice technicians have been released from CurlON: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MkBEg-0TVWucvTAEBvdTkpu8-QvyM6J/view
- We continue to await the revised set of guidelines from the government that are expected to match what was provided by CurlON (see button below for Return to Play Interpretations).
Last updated: Sept. 1, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
- More clubs are starting to put out their return to play guidelines and open registration to assess the number of people who will come back to curling. Please help your home club by staying in contact and providing your feedback as required.
Last updated: August 18, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- The recording of the Return to Play Seminar can be accessed via this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/7195584932069188364
- The FAQ document from the Return to Play Seminar can be accessed HERE.
- A link to CurlON’s Re-opening Kit and Return to Play Interpretations has been added to this page (see bottom of page for helpful links).
Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation has announced new funding for not-for-profits. Grants are available from $5,000-150,000 for one year with applications open from September 2 – December 2, 2020. A link has been added below to the CurlON website for more information.
- The government has put out a contract tracing app. We encourage curlers to download the COVID Alert app in order to protect themselves and their community in an effort to remain healthy. Click HERE for more information on how to download.
Last updated: August 4, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- A Return to Play Seminar is being hosted for TCA club managers and club reps on Tuesday, Aug. 11 to help direct operations and decision making. A recording of this webinar will be available for the public following the meeting. If any TCA club managers or reps have not received the invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: July 28, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- At this time, some TCA clubs have stated that they will not host outside events for the season. We will share news from the TCA club managers on their plans as these are confirmed.
Last updated: July 21, 2020 at 6:20 p.m.
Below are links to helpful information for curlers and curling facilities:
Return to Play
Financial & Legal Resources
Alternative Curling Ideas
© Copyright Toronto Curling Association — Design by Mobywan