The TCA continues to work in partnership with CurlON and Curling Canada to assist in providing timely information to curling facilities through the pandemic.
Jan. 3 2022
- Under the latest Province of Ontario measures to curb the spread of COVID-19, curling facilities are once again being closed. As part of the measures announced on January 3, the Province has ordered that all indoor sport and recreational fitness facilities be closed until at least January 26.
- The Province also announced that it will be providing some financial recovery measures including wage and rent subsidies to help businesses impacted by the closures. Eligible businesses required to close for indoor activities will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 100 per cent of their costs. Information on how to apply will be released shortly.
Feb. 11 2021
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant will help small businesses that are required to close or significantly restrict services under the new Provincewide Shutdown effective December 26, 2020.
Dec. 23 2020
- Updated information from CurlON on the Ontario government shutdown of sports activities and details on the Ontario Small Business Support Grant. Also, guidance from Canada Curling Stone on how to maintain your rocks during the shutdown.
Nov. 21 2020
- The Ontario Government has updated the COVID levels for each region in Ontario. More details on regulations in place for your region and supports for businesses can be found here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-response-framework-keeping-ontario-safe-and-open#levels
Oct. 9, 2020
- Effective 12:01 a.m. Oct. 10, the Ontario Government has limited team sports to training sections (no games or scrimmages) in Toronto and Peel Region. These modified Stage 2 restrictions will be for a minimum of 28 days and reviewed on an ongoing basis. The full release can be found here: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/58767/ontario-implementing-additional-public-health-measures-in-toronto-ottawa-and-peel-region
CurlON RESOURCES – Curling facilities are encouraged to contact CurlON to receive the following:
- CurlON contact tracing app: shared with all Curling Managers
- In-ice and off-ice signage