2019 Curling Canada Business of Curling Symposium to be held in Canmore, Alberta
Date and location: June 20 – 22, 2019 in Canmore Alberta
Golf date: Swing and Sweep Charity Golf Tournament on June 19
Venue: Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
Note: Symposium and Room reservations to be made by May 13, 2019.
Registration fee: $600
Many rinks across our country (and other countries too!) are experiencing interesting and innovative success with programming, recruitment, training, and creative customer service concepts which will all be shared with you at this Business of Curling Symposium.
You will hear from a number of interesting and knowledgeable presenters who will share their experiences in several key areas which all curling clubs face on a daily basis.
This is a valuable and intriguing opportunity to hear and share ideas and experiences with fellow club managers and executives!
- Facebook Marketing (Stephanie O’Brian), Sponsorship (Brent Barootes)
- Demographics and Funding Strategies (Michael Roma)
- Curling Business Planning (Mark Inglis)
- Ice & Water (Dave Loverock), Refrigeration (Art Sutherland)
- Curling Stones (Fred Veale and Kim Tuck)
- Ice Technician Topics (Greg Ewasko, Jamie Bourassa & Dave Merklinger)
- Curling 101 and Marketing to Minority Groups (Abbie Darnley)
- Adult Learn-to-Curl Leagues (Anna Keller)
- Risk Management and Helmets (Steve Indig)
- Volunteer Management (Jack Bowman), Food & Beverage (Kim Iwamoto)
- What Do You Do When You’re Not Curling? (Jock Tyre)
- Curling Club Manager Round Table
Refer to the Curling Canada website for further details on the Symposium